Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Mother who I've never really known

Love of a Mother

 Mother...

I knew that you were forced to send me away from your side because of your sickness.
I knew that we lived together only for a short period of time. Even too short.
You gave me up to another woman because you wanted me to be in good hands.
You let other people take care of me also because of the economical hardship that our family were going through.
You thought that I would be better off with another couple who will love me and raise me as their own child, giving me a better life.
I knew that you only came and visited me once a month.
I knew that you always sit down by my side to watch me studying whenever you visited me.
I remember you taught me math and many other subjects.
I knew that you were a tough woman, strict and short temper.
I remember you would always scolded me if I couldn't do what you've taught right, but you would reward me with some chocolate bar whenever I did it good.
I knew you would sew some new dress with your own hands for my birthday some times.
I knew you would always try giving me the best presents you could afford.


But I never knew that you were crying so many times because you couldn't bear to be away from me.
I never knew how you always wanted to give the world for me, if only you could.
I never knew how much you missed me all those time.
I never knew how you always tell people everything about me proudly.
I never knew how I broke your heart when I said you had an ugly house and I didn't like it.
I never knew that actually all those years of your life, you were never really healed.
You kept your sickness only for yourself.
You even busied your self taking care of my other two siblings and helping father in his works.
Even when you spent your last two years going in and out of the hospital treatment.
I never knew so many things about you 'cause I'd never spent my time more than 2 days in a row with you.
You always covered your face with a smiley mask and cheerful manner.

Although I knew that you were still trying to make me happy even when you were sick.
You gave me most of your savings only so you could have me go to an expensive Amusement Park and had fun with my friends.
But I never knew that was my last time to see your smile and hug your thin body.

Mother...

It's been 26 years since you've been gone.
Allah took you and release you from your years of misery.
You were gone when I was only 13th.
I am a mother too now, of 2 gorgeous children.
Sometimes I feel there is a live I missed as a kid.
I never really feel your warmth hug, your kiss, your caress
I never really remember your voice, the way you talk, the way you move.
And I never had a chance to take care of you even a bit.
I never really knew you, Mother..

But I know for sure you loved me so much no matter what.
For you always wanted me to have the best in life.
And I know for sure that I miss you even more now.
And I know that in my heart, your place will always be there.
Love of a mother would never falter nor fade.
It is timeless....
That much I know.


by :
Yulinda
http://klappykoe.com

No comments: